Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hospitalness





October 4, 2010
Still no doctor’s visit today as he was booked. Tomorrow wan taem. I walked around a bit today and treated myself to a hair cut. Shampoo and moisture treatment. The lady wasn’t too impressed with the way I cut my own hair a few months ago. I explained to her that I didn’t have a mirror so it was a bit difficult to cut the back…she was appalled. I met up with one of my brother-in-laws family members and we did a bit of running around and then settled at her house for the afternoon. I had a good time hanging out with her two young girls and enjoyed sitting on a couch and eating a home cooked meal. I also got to Skype with mom, dad, Whitni, Elie, and Anthony. The connection was so clear it was like we were all in the same room…no ten second delay or anything.
October 5, 2010
I took the City Cat (see pic) to South Bank Brisbane today to check out some art galleries this morning. Unfortunately the Valentino exhibit was 20 bucks which is over half of my per diem for the day…so didn’t do that. I walked around though and found some delicious gluten free pastries. I went inside the Library but immediately walked out because I was so freaked out by all of the T.V screens and flat screen computers and coffee shops…I mean what the heck happened to good old libraries where you can’t bring food or drinks and there are books everywhere….not screens. I walked back on the bike road beside the river (see pic). It’s only my second day here and I’m ready for some nature and some quiet. I can’t wait to get back to my little house on the beach.
After tests…
So I just ate sushi in a hospital…that’s right they do it gourmet style in Brisbane hospitals. As for the bad part of the day…I showed up after fasting for two hours which doesn’t sound like that much but apparently my body needs food more often than every 3 hours. I waited 30 minutes in the lab place then had to chug a pitcher of what tasted like water with a bad after taste. Then I waited 45 minutes. I finally made my way to the scan room to get some dye injecting into me. It took two nurses and a doctor to find my “small deep veins”. Three pokes later we were in business and I was told that the dye would make my mouth taste weird and I would feel like I wet myself…wow. Half the stuff was injected and then I had to go sit in a cubicle for a bit where I almost passed out and had to wait some more for the doctor to come in and make sure my body could handle some more dye. After that I had to go get some more pokes and my blood drawn and then pee in a cup. Basically it was just a grand ol’ time at the hospital. I’m sitting here in the café with my sushi waiting to see the doctor.
After doctor’s visit…
I finally saw the doctor at 6PM and the tests showed nothing so I have to do it all again tomorrow…

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Sorry the hospital visits are so frustrating and unpleasant. Hang in there. We are thinking of you. Mom has arrived safely. Love, all three of us

    ReplyDelete