Friday, October 28, 2011

Last Post

My last week on Tanna was full of tearful goodbyes and many many presents. Seeing all my friends and family in tears as the airplane took off left me crying my eyes out the whole 35 minutes to Vila. It was bittersweet. Although I will miss my people I feel like I have good closure and am at peace about it all. I'm a little terrified about the next year of my life....

Thanks for following me over the past two years and for all of your kind words and prayers. The past two years have been pretty amazing and I'm glad I was able to share a piece of my Peace Corps service with you. Please keep me and my travel buddy in your thoughts and prayers as we visit NZ, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam before heading back to the U.S.

Ale!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hali,
    I was recently going through some old letters which I had found in my room. There was one from a girl named Lina. I also found a picture of a girl named Keturah. After some detective work I stumbled upon your website. These girls were apparently going to this school Lamkail. I have no memory of how these girls became my pen pal, but I was wondering if you knew anything. The date of these letters are from September 2010, when you were in Vanuatu. The letters also mention a woman named Laura...hoping you could fill me in. Sorry this is so random. Thanks....bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily,
      Do you mind sharing your email with me so I can reply to you that way? I was there in 2011 and the person you mention was my fellow PC volunteer. Send me your email and I will share the rest with you. Thanks!

      Delete