Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Medical Encumbrance

To make a long story short I have 3 to 4 small kidney stones in both kidneys. I have been chugging water and taking pain meds (wow thanks peace corps for the ibuprofen...it really helps). I went to the hospital today to get an ultrasound and xray to see the number and size of these things. Now I have had my share of xrays and know what a typical xray is like in the United States. I walked in fully clothed and was immediately told to stand against the board. He took the picture and then said I was done. He never asked me to empty my coins from my pockets, or mentioned my buttons on my pants or anything like that. On the way out the Peace Corps Doc and I picked up the xray and took a look. The picture cut off my kidneys and only showed my spine....go Vila Hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment